Monday, August 29, 2011

Two new copy editors!

Welcome to Colleen Bowerman and Kurt Olsen!

We had an unfortunate opening on our copy-editing team as Cheyenne had a family emergency that will keep her from school until winter quarter, at the least.

We had over 10 applications.
Some of those applications were very qualified. I looked over the roster and chatted with Jared, who was signed up for both copy editing and graphics. He more than happy to switch to graphics assistant rather than having double duty.

 I would like to thank Christopher for narrowing the field. Thanks to his help, we have these two new hires, plus another very capable editor in the pool, should another opening arise.

I'm sure Colleen and Kurt could do a better job at introducing themselves here, so I'll leave that to them.
Watch for their posts! (I hope?)

1 comment:

  1. Kurt Olsen... the really good poet? I was assigned to do a feature on a Kurt Olsen, but unfortunately there wasn't room for the publication.

    Welcome, welcome!

    ReplyDelete